Trying to think of what to put on your Christmas list this year?
We think it's safe to say that both of us are pretty selective when it comes to spending money. I don't know...maybe it's because we've had our fair share of breadmakers, quesadilla makers, tortilla presses, juicers, cupcake makers, soda streams, Thigh Masters and the like. All of which were especially good at one thing: taking up space and cluttering up our lives, eventually making their way to Goodwill, along with many other well-intentioned Christmas gifts and impulse buys.
In the Spirit of the season, we have come up with a list of TWELVE of our favorite things we just can't seem to live without; gifts we've given ourselves or have put on our own Christmas lists at one time or another. They are those little special somethings that enhance, bring joy, and simplify our lives in a way that allow us to live a simply nourished life.
Cue the music and your inner Julie Andrews...
12 Gifts for Giving.....Yourself
1. belif The True Cream-Moisturizing Bomb: This is my all time favorite moisturizer and I have tried A LOT!! You know I avoid parabens and hate all the extra chemicals!! This stuff uses no animal origin ingredients and promises never to include dyes or artificial fragrances. It moisturizes skin quickly without leaving any stickiness or heaviness.
2. Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus: I really don't leave home without this little gem. Sometimes it's the only friend I've got. I love to use her for quick chopping of onion, garlic, celery, nuts and this can even blend up soups or hummus in a pinch!
3. Sushi-Rolling Kit: If you are a sushi lover or have a loved one that is obsessed...this is the perfect gift! It is so inexpensive and essential for rolling the perfect sushi roll. The paddle and knife are included which make the sushi-making task so much easier.
4. Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile Soap: A friend of mine got me on to castile soap a few years ago. My absolute favorite is lavender and that's what you'll find in my shower. What I didn't realize is the many ways to use this organic soap! Shaving, shampooing, dental cleaning (???), hot towel massage, breath freshener...you can check it out here!
5. Silicone Spatulas: A MUST for any chef! These can withstand the heat so they are not only great for baking but also sauteing and frying. I use a silicone spatula every time I cook!! Quality silicone spatulas are important because ones of poor quality will melt or the ends will break off...trust me, I know!!
6. Fresh Balsam Candle from Bath & Body Works: I'm telling you, only the things that I love and truly cannot live without made this list. Bath & Body Works puts out Fresh Balsam candles seasonally, usually in the fall and will sell only through the holiday season. I must admit, I stock pile these candles and burn them year round.
7. Hot Cinnamon Spice tea by Harney & Sons: This is in my life EVERYDAY!! I can NOT survive without it! This is the herbal version of Hot Cinnamon Spice tea, which is decaffeinated. You can choose the black tea version, which contains caffeine. But either way it is THE.BEST.DAMN.TEA.EVER. I have had non-tea drinking friends (why are we friends?) that LOVE this tea! If you buy only one thing from this list, make it this tea!!
8. Pop Socket: My daughter hooked me up with this little beauty. At first my fingers were like...wth? But I quickly grew accustomed and now it's like I've grown another finger. And who couldn't use one of those? The pop socket sticks to the back of your phone, making for a sweet lil' kickstand for when you're binging some Netflix or You Tube.
9. Nutra Ninja: This is NOT just for smoothies, people!! I use this powerhouse almost every day. I make cream sauces, dressings, desserts and more with this sucker! What makes it so great? Clean up is a breeze!! And that's why I love it so much!
10. Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker: The other love in my life. If the Cuisinart mini-prep is my bff, then the pressure cooker is like...my assistant. The BEST part of having an electric pressure cooker is that you don't have to babysit the cooking process. If I had to choose one appliance to keep, this would be it. I can take it to a hotel and saute vegetables, cook potatoes or whip up a soup! Besides the convenience, electric pressure cookers cut cooking time AND energy expenditure by 70%! Wonder why I chose the Cuisinart over InstaPot? Check out this Pressure Cooker Showdown! Whichever one you choose, I think we are all still #winning and it's just a matter of preference and whether having an electric pressure cooker is really right for you.
11. Frankincense: I'm in love with essential oils. I have many varieties and I could share with you many stories of healing in our home with these natural remedies. If you can only choose one essential oil, opt for frankincense. "The healing benefits of frankincense resin has traditionally centered on disease prevention and anti-inflammatory properties, and researchers have been able to confirm that boswellic acids contain a potent ability to modify the immune system as well. Part of having a more efficient immune system is the regulation of inflammation, as well, which can have effects topically or systemically." -US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
12. Meditation Cushion: It's all the rage. I'm actually not really sure about that. My dearest friend gifted me my first meditation cushion a few years back. It's buckwheat filled, sturdy yet comfy and is just the right height for relieving pain on pressure points such as joints, knees and ankles. It feels "proper" for practicing meditation and like a yoga mat, no matter where I find myself in the world, my very own meditation cushion helps ground me in my practice.
Please know that we are in no way being paid to market or advertise these products. These are truly our favs, though if you purchase through our links we've provided, we will make a few pennies (literally) through our Amazon affiliate. Don't worry, these few cents will only help to bring you more free access to Living Simply Nourished. LLC and will cost you nothing at all.
Jeanmare and Cristy are creators and contributors of the Living Simply Nourished Blog. Grab a cup of tea (or coffee!), find a cozy spot, scroll around, read some stories, find some inspiration, and enjoy!
Search our blogs